Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Can and I Will!

The line between client and friend can become very blurry for me. I love people and connect easily with them. Then when I begin to tell a story sometimes I don't know what to say. Do I say client or friend? Or both? Does that sound weird? Oh well! I'm going off on a tangent now.

Anyway, while I was training my client and good friend T. this week she quite literally made my day by telling me that my blog from Sunday (Rock Climbing and Seeing Myself in Others) made a difference for her. This is no small praise. T. is a tough cookie, she calls it like she sees it and often tends to see what can and will go wrong as opposed to what can go right. She worries and is very fluent in it. When I attempt to point out the positives or express the strong emotions I have about doing so she usually looks at me very indulgently and smiles like I am a little daft.

At this point in T's life she is facing several challenges that a weaker personality would absolutely struggle with and more than likely fall into negativity like a heavy object would into quicksand. T. is made of sterner stuff though and somehow my blog triggered an awareness of her thoughts. It is that awareness I value and celebrate so strongly having recently acquired it myself.

As T. was warming up on the treadmill before her session she said to me that she was researching all the things that can go wrong with what she has approaching in future. She thought "I can't do this." and she heard that thought in her mind and said "Wait a minute. I can and I WILL!"

Hearing T. said that was one of the highest points for me. It truly elated me and inspired me. When I told her I wanted to write a blog about it she said "You want to write a blog about you inspiring me inspiring you?"

Absolutely. I think inspiration comes at us from a myriad of directions if we only were to keep our eyes, ears and minds open to it.


-Nicola Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment