Thursday, April 18, 2013

Education at my Fingertips

When I was a child my family had encyclopedias. I remember sitting on the floor opening them one at time, A through Z, and reading about all kinds of topics. Little bits of information and learning new things right there at my fingertips. It was exciting and fascinating.

It is so much simpler now because we have the internet. Google. Bing. Wikipedia. Smartphones. I can look something up immediately. Instant gratification. With a computer you can even find free courses online. I just signed up for one at Coursera. I will be taking this course:

Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence

It begins May 1st and will run for 6 weeks. The workload is about 3-4 hours a week. That is very little time invested for learning something new! Time I will invest in myself.

As a personal trainer I feel developing leadership skills is important. I seek to lead by example, always, however understanding my clients better through expanding my own emotional intelligence will help me help them.

I have selected my next course as well:

Understanding Einstein: The Special Theory of Relativity

I look forward to learning new things!



-Nicola Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment