Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Asking Questions

I have been asking myself lots of questions lately … what should I write about comes up frequently and there is no resounding answer. Waiting for the perfect topic to reach out and bite me in the butt is just another form of procrastination. It is so simple to be good at procrastinating, however it is a skill I would rather forget.

As I work in stimulating new thoughts and experiences I am going out and dancing more. I am learning to Two Step. I am learning to advance my West Coast Swing. I have even jumped in and started learning line dances. One of them is called … Asking Questions. Of course. Just one of those little hints from the Universe to reign me back in and call attention to what I want to be doing. I appreciate the reminders, especially when they pop up out of the blue.



  • What do I want to change about myself?
  • What is holding me back?
  • What new way of being would I like to visualize?
  • What habits do I want to let go of?
  • What would a great person do in "this" situation?
  • What would it be like to …?
  • What is a better way to be …?
  • What if I was this person, living in this reality? 
  • Who do I want to emulate?
  • What does it mean to be successful?
  • What would a financially independent person do?

Instead of sitting and watching TV and becoming mindless … I am choosing to go out and learn some new skills, read more, and ponder new ways of being. It feels good.

-Nicola Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment