Saturday, August 3, 2013

How I Use my iTunes to Chase the Blues Away

Everyone has one ... a song or two that they cannot help but sing along to, right? I know I do. No, I don't have the greatest voice in the world. No, I don't know all the lyrics. Yes, once a friend said to me while I was driving him somewhere, "wow I'd be embarrassed to sing in front of anyone if I were you" ... I wonder how long it took him to walk the rest of the way? (just kidding)

All that aside, I feel good when I sing. I feel really good. My future as a karaoke singer is still undetermined but in the car or the shower, I'm a hit.

To intentionally cultivate that "it feels really good" feeling at will ... I created a playlist on my iTunes called SING. It is a list of songs that I cannot help singing along to when I hear them. Thankfully I know most of the words to these songs, and those I don't know I make-up enthusiastically as I go along.

Right now on my playlist are the following songs:
  1. People Are Crazy by Billy Currington 
  2. One Way or Another by Blondie 
  3. I Like the Way by Bodyrockers
  4. Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas
  5. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
  6. You're So Vain by Carly Simon
  7. Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood
  8. Oh, Pretty Woman by Chris Isaak
  9. Do You Love Me by The Contours
  10. I Can't Go for That (No Can Do) by Daryl Hall & John Oates
  11. Ah! Leah! by Donnie Iris
  12. One of These Nights by The Eagles
  13. Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
  14. Urgent by Foreigner
  15. Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People
  16. Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli
  17. December, 1963 (Oh What a Night!) by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
  18. Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty
  19. See You Again by Miley Cyrus
  20. Bad Things (The Theme to "True Blood") by Jace Everett
  21. Laid by James
  22. Flood by Jars of Clay
  23. Feeling Alright by Joe Cocker
  24. I Was Made for Loving You by Kissing
  25. Trouble by Lindsey Buckingham
  26. Tornado by Little Big Town
  27. I Feel Lucky by Mary Chapin Carpenter
  28. Sin Rumbo by Otros Aires
  29. Passion by Rod Stewart
  30. Miss You by The Rolling Stones
  31. Cry to Me by Solomon Burke
  32. Follow Me by Uncle Kracker
  33. The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace
  34. Everything (...Is Never Quite Enough) by Wasis Diop
  35. Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell
I have some songs I want to add and will download them soon. Try it and see if it helps you chase a bad mood away.

-Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment